Simulation of Electromagnetic Radiation of Stationary Plasma Thrusters
Aerospace propulsion engineering
AbstractAccording to recent studies of the thin time structure of stationary plasma thruster (SPT) radiation, in addition to a purely thermal component this stochastic process contains a non-thermal one representing stochastic sequence of radio pulses with complicated internal structure. This radiation represents interference for the space communication systems.
The purpose of this paper is to discuss development and investigation of simulation models of the SPT non-thermal interference electromagnetic radiation.
In view of considerable mathematical complexities related to the adequate description of pulse interference and to the application of analytical methods of interference immunity investigation for various algorithms of reception, the development of simulation computer models for SPT radiation is of great practical and theoretical interest.
The specialized program complex has been developed for simulation modeling of SPT impulse electromagnetic radiation, allowing generating a random sequence of complex pulse signals with the given statistical characteristics.
The program complex developed on the basis of a complex envelope method allows generation of random sequence of radio pulses having the given distribution laws of amplitude characteristics, repetition intervals, duration, the given form of an envelope, duration and carrier frequency for each pulse.
The developed model of SPT radiation showed good agreement with test measurements of SPT radiation, and can be used for modeling and prototyping algorithms of signal procession in space communication systems.
This study provides a starting-point for further forming simulation models of stationary plasma thruster radiation.
The results obtained can be used to analyze the effects of stationary plasma thruster radiation on the operation of space radio communication systems.
Keywords:space communication, pulse noise, stationary plasma thrusters, mathematical model
- Vazhenin N.A. Elektronniy zhurnal "Trudy MAI", 2012, No. 59, available at: http://www.mai.ru/science/trudy/published.php?ID=35248 (accessed 23.11.2012)
- Vazhenin N.A. Elektronniy zhurnal "Trudy MAI", 2013, no. 66, available at: http://www.mai.ru/science/trudy/published.php?ID=40277 (accessed 01.07.2013)
- Vazhenin N.A., Plokhikh A.P. Materialy VII Mezhdunarodnogo simpoziuma «Radiacionnoja plazmodinamika”, Moscow, 2009 , pp. 24-28.
- Vazhenin N.A., Plokhikh A.P. Materialy IX Mezhdunarodnogo simpoziuma «Radiacionnoja plazmodinamika» , Moscow, 2012, pp. 107-111.
- Plokhikh А.P., Vazhenin N. F., Kim V., Sidorenko E., Soganova G.V. Study for the Influence of Stationary Plasma Thruster Operating Modes on its Electromagnetic Emission, The 32nd International Electric Propulsion Conference ( IEPC), Wiesbaden, Germany, 2011, pp. 256-258, (695p.).
- Nedev N.H. Analysis of the Impact of Impulse Noise in Digital Subscriber Line Systems. Doctor’s thesis, Edinburgh, University of Edinburgh, 2003, 160 p.
- Milić L. and Gajica J. A Computer Model of the Impulse Noise Produced by Operation of Breakers and Switches in Power Electric System, Proceedings of 18th European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO-2010), Aaborg, Denmark, 2010, pp. 2166-2170.
- Rangaswamy R., Weiner D., Öztürk A. Computer Generation of Correlated Non-Gaussian Radar Clutter, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic System, 1995, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 106-116.