Vibration resistance improving for GNSS receiver operating in circuit of guidance systems
Control and navigation systems
Moscow Aviation Institute (National Research University), 4, Volokolamskoe shosse, Moscow, А-80, GSP-3, 125993, Russia
AbstractThe development of algorithms for improving ofthe vibration resistance of navigation equipment performingmajortasksina guidance system under strong vibration impactscan be provided without any additions or modifications of the receiver hardware. It is based on the method of impactcompensation by meansthe softwareprocessing of the additionaldata from receiver common broadbandtracking loop. This approach is to compensate common channel interferencesfor satellites,e.g. vibration, by forming an additional general targeting for controlled oscillators for all satellite channels. This targeting allows one to remove an additional dynamic impact from PLL system.
The possibility of usingthe common broadband tracking loop for guidance control tasks in mobile GNSS applications was confirmed by experimental studies. Experiments have shown there are no observed reduction of satellite tracking compared tothe conventional receiverfor the impact of thevibration with the frequency rangefrom 8 Hz to 40 Hz and accelerationsmore than 3.5 G. That allows one to continue running the main tasks in case of such vibration impacts.Considered methods allows one to expand the functionality of navigation receivers which increases the total quality ofnavigation equipment applied in industrial automatic and semi-automatic control tasks.
Keywords:GNSS, GPS, GLONASS, quartz oscillator, phase-locked loop, ,
- Zhodzishsky M.I. Apparatura vysokotochnogo pozitsionirovaniya po signalam global'nykh navigatsionnykh sputnikovykh sistem (The equipment for high-precision positioning on signals of global navigation satellite systems), Moscow, MAI-PRINT, 2010, 292 p.
- QuartzComVC-TCXO DATASHEET, available at http://www.quartzcom.com/upload/cms/user/ShortformVC-TCXON (accessed 29.12.2012)
- Perov A.I., Harisov V.N. GLONASS. Printsipy postroeniya i funktsionirovaniya (GLONASS. Principles of construction and functioning.), Moscow, Radiotehnika, 2010, 800 p.
- Parkinson B.W., Spilker J.J., Global Positioning System: Theory and Applications. Progress in astronautics and aeronautics. American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, SW, Washington, DC 20024-2518,1996, vol.163, pp.29-56.
- Veitsel V.A. Radiosistemy upravleniya (Radio systems of guidance), Moscow, Drofa, 2005, 416 p.
- Zhukovskii A.P. Radiopriemnye ustroistva (Radio receivers), Moscow, Vysshaya shkola, 1989, 342 p.
- Veitsel A.V., Zhodzishsky M.I., Beloglazov V.V., Veitsel V.A. Patent RU PCT/2009/000677, 08.12.2009.