Increase of energy efficiency of a power supply system of the spacecraft at the expense of use of energy of an electrostatic charge of a surface of spacecraft in orbital service conditions
Joint Stock Company “Russian Space Systems”, JSC “RSS”, 53, Aviamotornaya str., Moscow, 111250, Russia
AbstractUse of energy of electrostatic charges will allow to receive a new power source on the satellite of any size and to compensate decrease in term of life of solar panels.
Reports of use of energy of the electrostatic charge received on a surface of the satellite is presented. The ability to use this energy in a regular power supply system of the satellite is considered.Use of possibility of accumulation of energy of static electricity and its application for additional recharge of satellites storage batteries will allow raising their resource and energy efficiency of a power supply system
Use in a power supply system of the saved-up electrostatic charge will allow to increase energy efficiency of the satellite, but also, will promote decrease in an adverse effect on work the onboard equipment of electromagnetic fields that will lead to increase in service life of the satellite.Electrostatic charging systems will bring reduction of malfunctions at the expense of decrease harmful impacts of electrization on onboard equipment of the satellite
Wide use of miniaturized satellite demands to increase service life of such devices. Now it is very difficult. Use of energy of an electrostatic charge will provide opportunities to develop small spacecraft.
Practical application is possible on various satellites, in particular miniaturized satellite. Introduction of electrostatic charging systems will make the minimum constructive additions to the satellite, and subsequently, can become its important part.
Electrostatic energy is accumulated in regular battery satellite, by means of electrostatic charging systems intended for preservation of solar energy. Usage this solution will reduce the influence of the space factors on service life of the spacecraft.
Keywords:energy efficiency, solar battery, electric power supply system, energy of electrostatic charges, chargeable electrode, active shelf life, reliability
- Sokolov A.B., Saenko V.S. Tekhnologii elektromagnitnoi sovmestimosti, 2008, no. 2(25), pp. 9-11.
- Akishin A.I. Vozdejstvie jelektricheskih razrjadov na solnechnye batarei ISZ, Moscow, MGU, 2008 no. 4, available at: http://nuclphys.sinp.msu.ru/school/s08/s08_01.pdf.
- Dorofeev R.Ju., Zhukov A.A., Aktual'nye problemy raketno-kosmicheskogo priborostroeniya i informatsionnykh tekhnologii. Sbornik statei, Moscow, Radiotechnics, 2009, pp. 140-149.
- Dorofeev R.Ju. Aktual'nye problem raketno-kosmicheskogo priborostroeniya i informatsionnykh tekhnologii. Sbornik statei, Moscow, Radiotechnics, 2011, pp. 562-567.
- Komjagin S.I., Sokolov A. B. Elektromagnitnaya sovmestimost' i proektirovanie elektronnykh sredstv. Sbornik statei, Moscow, MIEM, 2008, pp. 19-21.