Development of risk management system for flight safety in airline
Economics and management
Moscow State Technical University of Civil Aviation, 20, Kronshtadskiy Bulvar, Moscow, 125993, Russia
AbstractAccordingly to the aviation experts the growth of air traffic will increase the number of the flight accidents. The development of the flight accident prevention methods is an actual task of the aviation industry. This task can be solved by developing the risk management system for flight safety in airlines.
In this paper the approach for development of the risk management system is considered based on the forecasting of flight accidents in the forthcoming flight, the identification of the most significant hazards and the development of measures for flight accidents prevention. The forecasting method includes modeling of the possible scenarios of flight accidents and their probability estimation. The models of flight accidents can be represented as «trees». The input data for the models is the following: flight date, aircraft reliability information, weather forecast and other. So it’s possible to assess the possibility of flight accident in every flight under specific conditions.
As an example, a model of one of the possible scenarios of aircraft overrun is presented in this paper. There were developed the full models of different types of flight accidents such as controlled flight into terrain, runway excursion, loss of control in flight and other types. The models describe the most typical and shortest scenarios of flight accidents that present the major threat for flight safety.
The developed method of the flight accidents’ forecasting and flight accidents models was introduced in the Automated system of flight accidents’ forecasting and prevention in Volga-Dnepr airline. After trial operation and revision of the system it can be used by other airlines.
Application of the developed method in airlines will reduce the number of flight accidents in Russian aviation.
Keywords:risk, flight safety, management, forecasting, prevention, flight accident
- Poteri mirovoi aviatsii za 2011. available at: http://www.aviasafety.ru/ (accessed: 03.04.12).
- Transportnaya strategiya Rossiiskoi Federatsii do 2030 goda: utverzhdena rasporyazheniem Pravitel'stva Rossiiskoi Federatsii ot 22 noyabrya 2008 goda № 1734-r, http://www.mintrans.ru/documents/detail.php? ELEMENT_ID=13008 (accessed:21.09.12).
- Rukovodstvo po upravleniyu bezopasnost'yu poletov, Doc 9859-AN/460, Moskow, 2009,36 p.
- Zubkov B. V., Sharov V. D. Teoriya i praktika opredeleniya riskov v aviapredpriyatiyakh pri razrabotke sistemy upravleniya bezopasnost'yu poletov (Theory and practice of determining risks in the airlines in the development of a safety management system), Moskow, MGTU GA, 2010, 196p.
- Aleksandrovskaya L.N., .Aronov I.Z., Elizarov A.I., Sokolova V.P. Statisticheskie metody analiza bezopasnosti slozhnykh tekhnicheskikh system (Statistical methods of the analysis of safety of complicated technical systems), Moskow, Logos, 2001, 231p.
- Rukovodstvo po informatsionnomu obespecheniyu avtomatizirovannoi sistemy obespecheniya bezopasnosti poletov vozdushnykh sudov grazhdanskoi aviatsii Rossiiskoi Federatsii (Automated system for aircraft security of civil aviation of the Russian Federation), Moskow, Air Navigation Consulting Agency, 2002.
- Nisula J. Operational Risk Assessment. Next Generation Methodology, http://www.easa.europa.eu/essi/documents/ARMS, 2009, (accessed:21.05.10).
- Sharov V.D., Makarov V.P. Nauchnyi vestnik MGTU GA, 2011, no. 174, pp. 19-25.
- A Coordinated, Risk-based Approach to Improving Global Aviation Safety , State of Global Aviation Safety, ICAO- Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 2011, 80 p.
- O merakh gosudarstvennoi podderzhki razvitiya kooperatsii rossiiskikh vysshikh uchebnykh zavedenii i organizatsii, realizuyushchikh kompleksnye proekty po sozdaniyu vysokotekhnologichnogo proizvodstva. Postanovlenie Pravitel'stva Rossiiskoi Federatsii ot 09.04.2010, № 218 (On measures of state support for the development of cooperation of Russian higher education institutions and organizations implementing complex projects on high-tech production. Resolution of the Government the Russian Federation of 09.04.2010 no. № 218), Moscow, 2010.
- Orlov A.I., Rukhlinskii V.M., Sharov V.D. Ekonomicheskaya otsenka riskov pri upravlenii bezopasnost'yu poletov . Materialy I Mezhdunarodnoi konferentsii «Strategicheskoe upravlenie i kontrolling v nekommercheskikh i publichnykh organizatsiyakh: fondy, universitety, munitsipalitety, assotsiatsii i partnerstva, Moscow, 2011, issue 1, pp. 108-114.