Microwave method and device of the analytical express control quality of aviation fuel
Aerospace propulsion engineering
MESC Air Force “Air Force Academy named after professor N.E. Zhukovskii and Yu.A. Gagarin”, 54a, Starykh bol'shevikov, Voronezh, 394064, Russia
One of the most important components in the structure safety is the quality of aviation fuel. The presence of impurities in the fuel, such asmoisture and mechanical fine impurities of different physical nature, can lead to failure of the fuel system and aircraft incidents.
Analysis of physical-chemical parameters of fuel directly before refueling the aircraft with the help of devices express control isincreasingly important.
Thus, the task of developing high-precision analytical devices rapid quality control of aviation fluids is relevant.
For rapid analysis of the quality of aviation fuel, an approach based on the application for information purposes microwave waveguide-antenna techniques. The essence of techniques is that measure of the measured value is the evaluation result of the topological deformation space-time structure microwave radiation interacted with the control object
— Practical implications
As a result of theoretical and experimental studies the layout of the instrument for rapid controlling quality aviation fuel was designed
Advantages of the proposed device is to provide noncontact measurement, high efficiency and accuracy of measurements, a large number of simultaneously controllable parameters, the low cost of the primary transmitter and the minimum elements of the device.
The originality and novelty of the proposed method are to improve the accuracy and efficiency of the control parameters aviation fuel through the use of for informational purposes change the mode ofthe waveguide transmission line, as well as the effects of the interaction of electromagnetic waves microwave with liquid dielectrics and ferrites.
Keywords:aviation fuel, microwave method, waveguide, electrophysical parameters
- Gammon J. Aviation Fuel. Quality Control Procedures. ASTM International Standart Worldwide. 4th ed.
- Fedyunin P.A., Dmitriev D.A. Volnovodnye metody nerazrushayushchego kontrolya parametrov i svoistv materialov v prikladnoi elektrodinamike (Waveguide methods of nondestructive testing parameters and material properties of applied electrodynamics), Tambov, TVVAIURE, 2006, 400 p.
- Kaz’min A.I., Fedyunin P.A. Materialy XIV Vserossiiskoi nauchno-tekhnicheskoi konferentsii i shkoly molodykh uchenykh i aspirantov i studentov «Nauchnye issledovaniya v oblasti aviatsionnykh, kosmicheskikh i transportnykh sistem», Voronezh, 9-11 October, 2013, VGT, 2013, pp 40-46.
- Fedorov N.N. Osnovy elektrodinamiki (Fundamentals of electrodynamics), Moscow, Vysshaya shkola, 1980, 399 p.
- Fal’kovskii O.I. Tekhnicheskaya elektrodinamika (Technical electrodynamics), Moscow, Svyaz’, 1978, 432 p.
- Vol’man V.I., Pimenov Yu.V. Tekhnicheskaya elektrodinamika (Technical electrodynamics), Moscow, Svyaz’, 1971, 465 p.
- Fedyunin P.A., Kotov I.O., Kaz’min A.I., Chernyshev V.N., Zavrazhnov E.A. Patent RU № 2465571, 24.02.09.
- Kaz’min A.I., Marchenko E.V. Materialy III mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii «Aktual’nye voprosy nauki i tekhniki v sfere razvitiya aviatsii», Minsk, 2013, 16-17 May, VARB, pp. 51-53.