Effectiveness evaluation technique for ground automated control functioning of a spacecraft
Information and measuring and control systems
Military spaсe Akademy named after A.F. Mozhaisky, 13, Zdanovskaya str., Saint Petersburg, 197198, Russia
The absence of common methodological base for functioning efficiency evaluation and capabilities of Ground Automated Control Complex (GACC) makes practically impossible the procedure of scientific study and evaluation of various options for its development and introduction of advanced unified spacecraft management tools.
The results of scientific and methodological ground-based activities applicability analysis from the viewpoint of an individual spacecraft GCC evaluation capabilities, revealed the difficulties in estimation GACC overall efficiency.
Thus, it becomes urgent to develop alternative approaches to estimating the GACC effectiveness, allowing obtain estimates of GACC’s operating efficiency indicators based on composition, structure and parameters of the Orbital Constellation (OG) of space crafts, as well as the requirements and limitations of spacecraft control technology.
Spacecraft GACC functioning efficiency estimation method was designed for this purpose. It allows obtaining rational GACC structures for controlling spacecraft OG and evaluating their implementation effectiveness.
The developed method demonstrates several advantages over the existing conventional approach, such as:
– The ability to plan collaborative control operations in automatic mode;
– The plans obtained using the conventional approach do not always meet the required sequence order of control operations, unlike the plans prepared using the developed method;
– Сomputation speed with the proposed method is 1.5 times higher than with the existing approach.
The proposed method can be implemented in the following cases:
– Computations for spacecraft GACC functioning effectiveness assessing t in various conditions, performed at stages of a long-term and operational planning of its resources employing;
– Prospective composition spacecraft GACC evaluation capacity and advanced spacecraft control technology studies;
– The study of various kinds of requirements for both in general (GACC) and in particular (spacecraft);
– Justification trends in spacecraft GACC development and improvement.
Keywords:Ground Automatic Control Complex, spacecraft, efficiency, technology management cycle
Kalinin V.N., Sokolov B.V. Avtomatika i telemekhanika, 1987, no. 1, pp.106-144.
Reznikov B.A., Delii I.I. Matematicheskoe obespechenie upravleniya podvizhnymi ob"ektami (Mobile object software control), Leningrad, MO SSSR, 1986, 149 p.
Sokolov B.V. Kompleksnoe planirovanie operatsii i upravlenie strukturami v ASU aktivnymi podvizhnymi ob"ektami (Composite projecting an operation and control structures in the ACS active mobile object), St.Petersburb, MO RF, 1992, 232 p.
Moskvin B.V., Mikhailov E.P., Pavlov A.N., Sokolov B.V. Izvestiya Vuzov. Priborostroenie, 2006, vol.49, no. 11, pp.7-12.
Manuilov Y.S., Novikov E.A. Sbornik trudov “Ekonomicheskaya kibernetika”: sistemnyi analiz v ekonomike i upravlenii”, 2005, vol. 12, pp.56 - 61.
Kalinin V.N. Informatsiya i kosmos, 2015, no. 3, pp. 150 - 158.
Manuilov Y.S., Kalinin V.N., Goncharevskii V.S., Delii I.I. Upravlenie kosmicheskimi apparatami i sredstvami nazemnogo kompleksa upravleniya: (Spacecraft and ground control tools management), St. Petersburg, VKA imeni A.F. Mozhaiskogo, 2010, 609 p.
Pavlov A.N., Sokolov B.V., Moskvin B.V., Verzilin Voennaya sistemotekhnika i sistemnyi analiz (Military system engineering and system analysis), St. Petersburg, VKA imeni A.F.Mozhaiskogo, 2010, 251 p.
Litvinenko A.O. Trudy MAI, 2016, no. 86: http://www.mai.ru/science/trudy/eng/published.php?ID=67829
Dudko A.N., Kucherov B.A., LitvinenkoA.O., Sokhranny E.P. Kosmonavtika i raketostroenie, 2014, №1(74), pp. 155-163.