On unmanned aircraft for reconnaissance missions performance upon the sea design procedure
Aviation technics and technology
Moscow Aviation Institute (National Research University), 4, Volokolamskoe shosse, Moscow, А-80, GSP-3, 125993, Russia
The paper analyses current situation with global sea surface monitoring system development implementing high-altitude reconnaissance UAVs. We present approaches to rational design algorithm for aerial reconnaissance over the sea UAV image building with allowance for weight and tactical criterions. Complexity and relevance of iterations in UAV design algorithm are noted. We believe that it is expedient to select takeoff mass as a criterion of optimality, since it can be considered as a universal criterion of optimality. We also disclose UAV complex performance evaluation approach within the framework of surveillance operation as an aggregate of operation fragments assessments interchanging each other. The paper gives image design definition and discloses its main content. It also touches upon the importance of resolution index of target equipment for imagery intelligence. The paper gives recommendations on content of the target equipment providing required resolution afield, and presents the estimation of efficiency results of typical target equipment based on the criterion of object of intelligence t recognition probability.
One of the main tasks of image shaping is analysis of reconnaissance objects, their air defense, electronic warfare means, and indicators of visibility. It is important to analyze the weather conditions and sea surface state dependence of aerial reconnaissance efficiency. It is necessary to develop a mathematical model of complex operating effect to substantiate requirements to UAV trajectory, to the structure and parameters of the target equipment. It is essential to create UAV aerodynamic model, UAVs weight model, geometric layout, UAV effective area of scattering calculation model, layout and alignment models, as well as other models within the framework of the selected reference image. The paper describes an approach to aerial sea reconnaissance UAV image forming algorithm with allowance for target reconnaissance equipment. It presents estimation methodology for target equipment optical channel and on-board water-borne targets radar installation effectiveness. Simulation results show that sea reconnaissance tasks solving is possible one include both optical and radar channels into target equipment. Optical channel must have the following parameters: matrix dimensions — 30 mm × 30 mm; number of pixels in matrix row — 3000; focal distance — 200 mm. Radio channel antennae gain should be in the range from 3000 to 4000, and transmitter power — from 2 to 4 kW.
Keywords:sea monitoring, unmanned aerial vehicle, monitoring equipment, designing, design parameters
- Guy Norris, U.S. Navy’s First MQ-4C Triton, Aerospace Daily & Defense Report Northrop Unveils, 2012.
- Golubev I.S., Turkin I.K. Bespilotnye letatel’nye apparaty. Osnovy ustroistva i funktsionirovaniya (Unmanned aerial vehicles. Fundamentals of structure and functioning Unmanned aerial vehicles. Fundamentals of structure and functioning), Moscow, 2008, 656 p.
- Drakin I.I. Osnovy proektirovaniya bespilotnykh letatel’nykh apparatov s uchetom ekonomicheskoi effektivnosti (Basics of designing unmanned aerial vehicles, taking into account economic efficiency), Moscow, Mashinostoroenie, 1973. — 224 p.
- Guseinov A.B. Effektivnost’ krylatykh raket (The effectiveness of cruise missiles), Moscow, Izd-vo MAI, 2003, 96 p.
- Petrash V.Ya. Metody i modeli avtomatizirovannogo proektirovaniya letatel’nykh apparatov (Methods and models of automatized aircraft design), Moscow, Izd-vo MAI, 2007, 92 p.
- Gul’shin V.A, Sadomovskii A.S. Zadachnik po radiolokatsii (Book of problems in radar Book of problems in radar), Ul’yanovsk, Izd-vo UlgTu, 2006, 60 p.
- Zimin G.V. Spravochnik ofitsera protivovozdushnoi oborony (Directory officer defense), Moscow, Voenizdat, 1981, 431 p.