Mathematical Model of Spatial Alignment of Interconnect Elements in the Multilayer PCBs of Avionics
Radio engineering. Electronics. Telecommunication systems
Moscow Aviation Institute (National Research University), 4, Volokolamskoe shosse, Moscow, А-80, GSP-3, 125993, Russia
The aim of the work was to develop mathematical model of aligning the interconnect elements in multilayer PCBs to ensure high reliability and improve mass and dimensions parameters of electronic modules of modern aircraft onboard equipment without increasing the cost of final products.
Solution of the research problems was based on the combined use of theoretical methods: the theory of expert evaluations, technological processes design principles, and probabilistic and statistical methods.
A new approach for calculating the pad size in multilayer PCBs of avionics and other critical equipment was proposed, allowing to define the probability of loose connections occurrence in production. A new pad shape was proposed for increasing the PCB trace area.
The results of this work are used for increasing the layout density of modern avionics with its reliability level sufficient for this industry and reduction of the production cost.
A refined mathematical model for calculating spatial alignment of the interconnect elements in multilayer PCBs was developed. The interrelation between the PCB pieces registration system during the pressing and final alignment error was defined.
Keywords:geometric stability, laminate, printed circuit board, interlayer connections, registration system, pad
- Medvedev A.M., Mozharov V.A. Pechatnyi montazh, prilozhenie k zhurnalu «Elektronika. NTB», 2011, no. 3, pp. 140–145.
- Medvedev A.M. Pechatnye platy. Konstruktsii i materially (Printed-Circuit Boards. Designs and Materials), Moscow, Tekhnosfera, 2005, 304 p.
- Mozharov V.A., Shuman K.V. Elektronnyi zhurnal «Trudy MAI», 2012, no. 50, available at: http://www.mai.ru/science/trudy/published.php?ID=28828 (accessed 07.03.2013)
- Zhikharev A.P., Rumyantseva G.P., Kirsanova Ye.A. Materialovedenie: shveinoe proizvodstvo (Material Sciences: Clothing Manufacture), Moscow, Akademiya, 2005, 240 p.
- ISOLA DE104 Specifications, available at:http://www.isola-group.com/products/de104/ (accessed: 07.03.2013).
- ISOLA DE156 Specifications, available at:http://www.isola-group.com/products/de156/ (accessed: 07.03.2013).
- ISOLA IS420 Specifications, available at:http://www.isola-group.com/products/is420/ (accessed: 07.03.2013).
- ISOLA IS680-333 Specifications, available at:http://www.isola-group.com/products/is680-333/ (accessed: 07.03.2013).
- ISOLA P96 Specifications, available at:http://www.isola-group.com/products/p96/ (accessed: 07.03.2013).
- Rossiiskii rynok pechatnykh plat (Russian Market of Printed Circuit Boards). Analytical review, Moscow, RBK, 2011, 81 p.
- Beklemishev D.V. Kurs analiticheskoi geometrii i lineinoi algebry (The Course of Analytical Geometry and Linear Algebra). Moscow, Fizmatlit, 2005, 304 p.
- Park S.H. Six Sigma for Quality and Productivity Promotion, Tokyo, Asian Productivity Organization, 2003, 207 p.