Small-sized microcontroller computer module design for modern systems and complexes of orientation and navigation, gravimetry and control of air-sea dynamic moved objects
Control and navigation systems
Аuthors1*, 2**, 2, 2*
2. Moscow Aviation Institute (National Research University), 4, Volokolamskoe shosse, Moscow, А-80, GSP-3, 125993, Russia
This article deals with questions of small-sized microcontroller computer module design for modern systems and complexes of orientation and navigation, gravimetry and guidance of air-sea dynamic moving crafts. The main goal is development of printed circuit board of the computer module on the base of up-to-date microcontrollers for collecting and processing data as a component of a strapdown gravitation-inertial navigation complex (SGINC).
When creating the computer module on the base of up-to-date microcontrollers we used computer aided design and modern methods of collecting and processing data in integrated navigation systems construction. On the base of required performance analysis of the SGINC computer module in the whole and technical characteristics of up-to-date microelectronics chips we have chosen a rational variant of the computer module hardware. The main criterion herewith was the processing power of microelectronics chips that could support the SGINC performance.
A general concept of the computer module creation for strapdown gravitational-inertial navigation complex (SGNС) was presented along with computer module schematic diagram. We give a description of the computer module software features, we map out a further work vector aimed at the computer module improvement both in the direction of enhancement of its functional capabilities and optimization of the process of the device development for the purpose of ensuring its compliance with the requirements of international aircraft standards. We present the results of work on the computer module prototype creation.
The SGINС presented has no analogs in the world navigation and can be used for correlated extremal navigation and for gravimeter surveying on board of unmanned aerial vehicles. Design of SGINC computer module allows for creation of completed semi-natural model of SGINC and carrying out testing of the integrated complex.
Keywords:microcontroller, computer module, printed circuit board, topology, software, real time operating system, gravimetry, orientation, navigation, strapdown graviinertial navigation complex
- Afonin A.A., Repnikov A.V., Sulakov A.S., Yamashev G.G. Elektronnyi zhurnal «Trudy MAI», 2011, no. 49, available at: http://www.mai.ru/science/trudy/published.php?ID=28041&PAGEN_2=2 (accessed 12.11.2012)
- Tyuvin A.V., Afonin A.A., Chernomorskii A.I. Aviakosmicheskoe priborostroenie, 2005, no. 3, pp. 24-29.
- Afonin A.A., Sulakov A.S. Aviakosmicheskoe priborostroenie, 2011, no. 8, pp. 17-24.
- AT91SAM9G20, available at: http://www.atmel.com/devices/sam9g20.aspx (accessed 01.11.2012).
- RTCA/DO-178B Software considerations in airborne systems and equipment certification, RTCA, 1992, 114 p.
- Mohinder S. G., Lawrence R. W., Angus P. A. Global Positioning Systems, Inertial Navigation, and Integration, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2001, 416 p.
- Esterel Technologies, available at: http://www.esterel-technologies.com (accessed 01.11.2012).