Practical application of “Manufacturability analysis system” during the control of aircraft elements manufacturability
Theoretical engineering. Mechanical engineering
Irkutsk National Research Technical University, 83, Lermontov str., Irkutsk, 664074, Russia
The presented research lies in the field of automation of production planning during the product manufacturability control. The paper describes the general functional structure of the developed system, which is required to carry out the manufacturability control. This control is based on the manufacturability recommendations, which are structured within a knowledge base. The description of the production environment objects and their interrelations is implemented within the database module.
The automated system of product structure manufacturability (PSM) analysis acts as a guideline, which provides feedback from the manufacturability modules to the structure design modules. This system allows the designer to detect the non-manufacturable combinations of structural shapes in the detail and change its design according to the manufacturability recommendations in an interactive fashion. It also allows the production designer to present the recommendations, which are aimed at ensuring the PSM, in a formalized way.
The product manufacturability testing is a complex task. During its solution the designer must ensure both the high technical level and required performance of the created product. He should also fully take into account the manufacturing requirements (i.e. ensure the product manufacturability).
In practice the processes of ensuring the product structure manufacturability (PSM) can be conducted by using geometric modeling systems. The usage of these systems is closely linked to modern information technologies, which are used for the integration of the processes that take place during the entire life cycle of the product and its components. Therefore it is obvious that the provision of PSM, which is one of the tasks of production planning, should also be considered in the context of the CALS technologies application.
Thus, the application of «PSM analysis system» at the conceptual design stage can help to achieve the creation of a competitive product with high target values of the product structure manufacturability and maintainability in comparison to the alternatives. The project is based on the idea of formalizing the knowledge of the production designer and building a decision support system on its basis. Such system should help to reduce the number of errors in product manufacturability control during production startup. It should also allow the enterprise to reduce the manufacturing costs. This reduction is attained through the analysis of several design alternatives and selection of the optimal one. The selected alternative should be optimal in terms of its structure elements composition with taking the given level of manufacturability and price into the account. The software configuration is very flexible and it can be used at various machinery production enterprises.
Keywords:product model, manufacturability control, manufacturing process, knowledge base, database
- Amirov Yu.D. Tekhnologichnost’ konstruktcii detali (Element structure manufacturability), Moscow, Mashinostroenie, 1990, 768 p.
- Obshchie pravila obespecheniya tekhnologichnosti konstruktcii detali, GOST 14.201 83 (GOST All-Union State Standart 14.201-83. General rules of ensuring the element structure manufacturability GOST 14.201-83), Moscow, Standarty, 1983, 15 p.
- Govorkov AS, Akhatov R.Kh. Scientific journal «Proceedings of the Samara Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences», 2011, vol. 13, no.6. pp. 285-292.
- Irzaev G.H. Ekspertnye metody upravleniya tekhnologichnost’yu promyshlennykh izdelii. — Moscow.: Infra-Engineering, 2010, — 192 p.
- Kolganov I.M., Dubrovskii P.V., Arkhipov A.N. Tekhnologichnost’ aviatsionnykh konstruktcii, puti povysheniya (Aircraft structure manufacturability and ways of its improvement), Ulyanovsk, UlSTU, 2003, part 1, 148 p.
- Osetrov V.G., Amirov Yu.D. Technologicheskii analiz mashinostroitel’nogo proizvodstva (Analysis of manufacturing technologies of machinery production), Moscow, Mashinostroenie, 1980, 205 p.